What is Abuse (and Neglect)?
- Marks or injuries inflicted by non-accidental means.
- Any sexual activity between an adult and a child - includes everything from fondling to rape.
- Consistent and chronic behavior which interferes with the psychological or social development of a child.
- Failure to meet a child's basic requirements such as supervision, housing, clothing, medical attention, nutrition and support.
- Failure to provide the support or affection necessary for a child's psychological and social development.